What is a wrong book? A wrong book is that book that stays in a backpack. A wrong book is that book that can't get finished before it is overdue at the library. A wrong book makes a person not like to read.
You can help your child or teen find the right books and love reading.
Warning: You may have to drag your child or teen away from reading.
1. Say it's okay to stop reading a book and find a better book.
2. Ask a librarian to suggest books similar to ones that have been enjoyable to read.
3. Search online for books similar to ones that have been enjoyable to read.
4. Search online for most popular books.
5. Find books that are challenging and not too easy. Knowing a reading level can help. Books can be searched by reading level and categories here. You can evaluate a reading level with Total Reader.
6. Ask friends what books they have enjoyed reading.
7. Ask other parents what books their children have liked to read.
8. Ask a teacher for book suggestions.
9. Visit a book store and check out the newest most popular books.
10. Read the first chapter out loud together to help your child or teen get into a book.
Here's an article by author James Patterson you may find interesting.
How to Get Your Kid to be a Fanatic Reader